Support and Administration Vacancies
Welfare and Guidance Manager
Grade 4, TTO + 10 days, 36.5 hours/week, permanent
Start Point 23 – 25 £26,999- £28,785 (pro rata), depending upon experience
Start Date: January 2020
We are looking for an exemplary practitioner, who is motivated, enthusiastic, experienced and committed to supporting young people in their school environment. The successful candidate will work directly with our students and their families, assisting the Head of Sixth Form in ensuring high standards of behaviour, engagement in learning, achievement and the personal development of our students
The post holder will liaise closely with our Designated Senior Leaders for safeguarding and will join a passionate team of staff working within this diverse, community school based in the centre of Birmingham. This post offers many opportunities for professional development in a secure and supportive environment.
In this key, dynamic role you will maximise the successful entry of our students into the world’s top Universities, FE Colleges and Apprenticeship schemes by ensuring all our students are provided with information, advice and guidance to access further education, training and the workplace in order for them to achieve their personal goals and career aspirations. The successful candidate will:
- Support the Head of Sixth Form with all matters in relation to student welfare, including academic and attendance monitoring
- Help improve communication, advice and guidance between school, home, external agencies and the local community
- Manage whole school careers provision including work experience across the school and sixth form
- Supporting with Enterprise and Enrichment days throughout the Academic Year
- Provide careers advice in preparation for curriculum choices at 14+, 16+ and beyond in line with the national statutory Gatsby Benchmarks
- Advise on the preparation of UCAS applications for university with the Head of Y13
- Grow and develop an engaged network of parents, alumni, business partners and other friends of the school and community such as MOSAIC, to provide mentorship, work experience and to co-ordinate networking events
- Develop robust relationships with Universities, FE Colleges, vocational institutions and the business community, including the Chamber of Commerce, the CBI and local employment agencies to identify opportunities in the job market, work experience, apprenticeships and internships
- Ensure a comprehensive programme of pre-employment advice and training is available for our students so they are job ready upon leaving KS4 and the Sixth Form
- Develop, wide-ranging and engaging enrichment interventions for our Sixth Form students
The ideal candidate will have experience of the university admissions and UCAS application process with experience or knowledge of Schools and School curriculum and a Careers, Education, Information and Guidance (CEIAG) qualification or equivalent.
If you can empathise and support students, providing personal warmth to gain their confidence and encourage them to progress and succeed we would be delighted to hear from you.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: Friday 10 January 2020 at 12 noon.
If you would like to arrange a visit to our School & Sixth Form, please email the HR mailbox and we will be happy to arrange a tour for you.
If you have not heard from the School within 10 working days of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Application Forms to be returned to Amanda Potter, HR Manager at the school address or by email to